Residential Property Insurance Claims
We Go The Extra Mile & Hold Your Hand Through Disaster Recovery
Whether brownstone, condo, co-op or penthouse, your home is your most valuable asset and when property disaster strikes, unfortunately very often homeowners are left to fend for themselves for a fair and equitable insurance settlement. Many homeowners are also faced with the chaos of figuring out next steps with questions such as “How will I estimate my loss?” or “Will I recover enough insurance funds to rebuild?”.
The stress of navigating through a complex property insurance claim can easily be resolved by having a knowledgeable and experienced public adjuster such as United Public Adjusters and Appraisers on your side. We go the extra mile and hold your hand through the process; making ourselves available every step of the way for questions and concerns while returning your family back to normal.
The United Public Adjusters & Appraisers difference is in the details. Our team’s expertise in construction, real-estate, and understanding of policy language combined with a network of industry experts, allows us to fiercely advocate on your behalf. With us, it’s personal. We live in the communities we serve and treat each of our clients with the empathy and understanding necessary to navigate through an extremely heartbreaking situation of insurance recovery. We also understand the emotional toll associated with the loss of your most valuable assets such as collectible art, jewelry, and designer furniture.
United Public Adjusters & Appraisers will prepare your claim and expedite the process for a quick and successful property damage settlement, including:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of your insurance policy
- Assist in complying with all policy requirements
- Maximize your financial recovery with proactive claim management strategies
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of your loss, including structural repair estimates and detailed personal property inventories (description, replacement cost)
- Carefully research and sustain every aspect of the claim
- Present and support itemized claim packages to the insurer
- Work as your advocate at all inspections and meetings with your insurance company
- Secure the best possible settlement in the shortest time frame possible
- Communicate with you every step of the way
United handles property damage insurance claims stemming from covered perils for homeowners. Homeowner Policies offer Dwelling coverage for damages to electrical, plumbing, drywall, paint, bathroom floors, tiles, wall to wall carpeting, wood floor, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets and anything attached to the building that you can’t easily pick up and take with you. Other structure coverage includes detached garages and fences. Homeowner’s policies also cover contents; your personal items such as furniture, jewelry, electronics, and clothing.
Our extensive experience lends itself to managing complex residential property insurance claims involving:
- “Ordinance” or “Law” which provides coverage in the event that building codes (placed after a structure was built) require additional features not contained in the covered structure at the time of loss
Loss of Use including:
- “Additional Living Expense” pays the costs of living in a temporary location (hotel, house or apartment rental) if a covered loss makes the damaged home unlivable.
- “Fair Rental Value” pays for lost rental income while a property is inhabitable.