How would you like to embark upon an opportunity that is rewarding, enjoyable, and pays very well?
Our Property Claim Adjuster will inspect properties for damage, analyze coverage, investigate the claim and strike an amicable resolution to the claim. The adjuster will be dealing with home owners, business owners, attorneys, brokers, contractors, insurance carriers and industry related experts. This is a full time, in-house position in our beautiful Melville, NY office. Sound great? Read on!
Our type of people:
- Have a positive attitude and believe in the power of relationships.
- Have a desire to constantly improve, personally and professionally.
- Be dependable. Be trainable. Work independently, unsupervised.
- Be empathetic yet professional- you will be helping people who may have lost everything.
- Work hard, play hard!
- Conduct claim investigations, including scoping the insured damages
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to develop a fair resolution to the claim
- Manage claim process with focus on consistent and clear communication at all stages of claim
- Respond to inquiries from insured’s, brokers, management other entities
- Must be licensed
- General knowledge and experience in analyzing coverage and drafting coverage position letters.
- General understanding of building construction and pricing.
- General knowledge of accounting principles to estimate loss of rents, business interruption and business extra expense claims.
- Establish adequate and timely indemnity and expense reserves based upon the investigation and independent adjuster’s estimate
- Negotiate claims with insured’s, public adjusters and lawyers.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Work closely with insured, brokers or other experts to help resolve issues
- Collaborate with marketing for information transfer on target markets/campaigns/messaging
- Participation in marketing events for develop book of business
Education, Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of first party property claims experience, preferably commercial or carrier
- 3+ years Xactimate experience
- Knowledge of Windows and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve diverse problems
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Field adjuster experience
- Knowledge of commercial package policies
Job Type: Full-time