Keeping institutions operational is a critical success factor as they are at the heart of our communities and ultimately future. Not only do institutions inspire our future leaders, but they also provide crucial resources to the community. There are many different types of public and private institutions which require specialized insurance coverage, especially when property damage from perils such as a flood, fire or hurricane occurs. United Public Adjusters & Appraisers fiercely advocates on behalf of institutions to ensure a fair, quick and equitable settlement. Our expertise includes loss documentation, local markets expertise, and total cost analysis. Our team provides an “all-inclusive” loss recovery approach, with services such as:
- Institutional Specific Reporting
- Progression Reporting
- Loss Recovery Strategy Analysis
- Initial site inspection within two hours of loss notification
- Mitigation Management
Our extensive experience lends itself to managing complex institutional property insurance claims, including:
- Building and Structures covers materials, equipment, supplies, additions, and new construction.
- Business Personal Property (BPP) including Property located in or on the buildings at the described premises or in the open (or in a vehicle) within 100 feet of the described premises. This can include property you own or lease (office furniture, equipment, and inventory), as well as tenant’s improvements and betterments.
- Improvements and Betterments are permanent fixtures, alterations, additions or installations to a building by and at the expense of the tenant.
- Business Interruption intended to provide funds necessary while a business’ operations are suspended as a result of damage caused by a covered peril. Business interruption pays a business’s net profit or loss before income taxes and continuing operating expenses, including payroll.
- Extra Expense covers expenses while mitigating the business loss, or increased costs in continuing business in the wake of a loss. Reimbursement can include moving a covered business to a different location while the covered property is restored and can include equipment breakdown coverage.
- Business Income intended to help you cover loss of income if your business has to temporarily close due to damage caused by a covered loss.
- Equipment Breakdown covers your equipment, including computers.
- Crime Insurance covers your business from fraud, theft, and forgery.