Recently impacted by flooding we are here to help. Call 1-800-718-5677

Follow Us: 1-800-718-5677
Follow Us: 1-800-718-5677

California Wildfire, Flood & Mudslide Insurance Claim Help

traffic cones and road sign with the words "Flooded", located on the side of road.

The National Weather Service continues to predict a slew of wild weather for the majority of California, including high winds, floods and mudslides; all elements which lead to property damage.

United Public Adjusters dedicated its team to recovery of wildfires a few months back and with that experience we have become well acquainted with the geography of the areas affected. The unfortunate result of the trees being burned by the wildfires is that the integrity of the soil has been compromised, resulting in a higher chance for mudslides and avalanches of rocks falling from the impacted mountains and hills. In addition, we learned that roofs of structures are extremely compromised as high heat weakens the roofs and then heavy rain and wind continue to cause roof collapses. If you already have damage from wildfires, this additional damage can result in an insurance claim nightmare.

Homeowners, renters and business insurance policies typically exclude landslides or mudslides. Usually, these perils are considered a form of “earth movement” and are generally not covered. So how can you be sure to get coverage if you know the area you live in is prone to mudslides? Read on to learn about a few solutions, including the conditions (DIC) policy, Flood and Mudflow coverage and Public Adjusters.

Conditions (DIC) Policy

A difference in conditions (DIC) policy is usually issued as a stand-alone policy by a surplus-lines carrier, but in some cases it can be purchase as an endorsement; an a la carte option, if you may. A few factors determine coverage, including:

  • the slope of your property
  • how close you are to mountains, cliffs and hills
  • the frequency and severity of the average loss in the area where you live

Flood & Mudflow Coverage

Businesses can look into “Flood & Mudflow” coverage. This coverage is offered by The National Flood Insurance Program offers and includes up to $250,000 for a homeowner and $500,000 for a business.

Public Insurance Adjusters

Another great resource homeowners and business owners can utilize when claims become complex with multiple variables of confusion, is a public adjuster. Public adjusters such as United Public Adjusters and Appraisers are necessary to navigate towards a resolution; our years of experience in handling complex commercial and residential property insurance claims allows us to be an immediate resource!

Public Adjusters are hired by YOU to represent your best interest. This means that we prepare and submit the insurance claim on your behalf as well as handling negotiation, settlement and payment of the claim from your insurance company. For businesses, we handle business interruption claims so that your operations can resume as quickly as possible with minimal impact to your bottom line. We do all the hard and complicated work for you, so you can focus on your family and business. Since we are well versed in construction and policy language, we can put together a claim quickly and efficiently to get you the maximum settlement possible in the least amount of time. The best part is that we do not get paid unless you get paid; you have nothing to lose.

United Public Adjusters & Appraisers, Inc. ONLY Represents Policyholders, like YOU and NOT the insurance company! Don’t let the insurance company intimidate you out of a fair settlement. Please call our firm to discuss your Property Damage Claim and explore if we can be a resource as it’s never too late for us to get involved!

We have offices in California, NYC and Long Island and can be reached at 718-641-5677 (LOSS) or 866-577-3661 (LOSS) or

My Free Consultation